[libvirt] Libvirt and IPSec

Michal Novotny minovotn at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 11:34:18 UTC 2011

On 04/12/2011 01:23 PM, Paolo Smiraglia wrote:
> Hi Michael!
> Thanks for the reply. Comments are inline.
>
>> Hi Paolo,
>> so basically this is about IPSec driver implementation to the libvirt ?
> Exactly...

Ok, right. I don't know much about IPSec itself so some study on the
matter would be necessary to provide some better understanding however
from what I know the implementation to the Linux kernel directly is
possible for the software stack however implementing this in the virtual
hardware stack (emulation) is certainly a good thing since you don't
need to patch the kernel at all. The only thing I'm not sure about is
the technical point of view since I don't know how hard would the
implementation be.

>> I don't think the idea is bad however I'm not working on libvirt too
>> much so you should ask libvirt guys about they opinion.
>>
>> Since I think implementing this may be a good idea I'm putting DV to the
>> CC list for his opinion on this matter.
> Thanks for the "support of the cause". ;-)

No problem since I think the idea is good and therefore I support the
idea at least :)

Have a great time,
Michal

--
Michal Novotny <minovotn at redhat.com>, RHCE
Virtualization Team (xen userspace), Red Hat