[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] Libvirt 0.9.1 week freeze, RC1 version to test

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 29 07:30:55 UTC 2011

2011/4/28 Eric Blake <eblake at redhat.com>:
> On 04/28/2011 01:33 AM, Matthias Bolte wrote:
>> libvirt compiles fine but virsh has a warning about vfprintf:
>>
>> virsh.c: In function 'vshDebug':
>> virsh.c:12105:5: warning: function might be possible candidate for
>> 'ms_printf' format attribute [-Wmissing-format-attribute]
>>
>> I'm no sure where to fix that.
>
> In mingw's <stdio.h>.  But we can't do that.
>
> vfprintf is NOT being provided by gnulib, so it does NOT understand %zu
> or %llu.  Yet we use it with %zu.
>
> So the only real solution is to use virAsprintf (which _does_ understand
> %zu, thanks to gnulib) and make vshDebug go through an intermediate
> buffer, then use fputs on that string, rather than relying directly on
> the unsanitized vfprintf.  Patch coming up shortly.

Yep, fixed now.

>> make check shows two warnings in gnulib. Maybe Eric wants to take a look:
>>
>> getsockopt.c: In function 'rpl_getsockopt':
>> getsockopt.c:51:7: warning: passing argument 4 of 'getsockopt' from
>> incompatible pointer type
>> c:\dev\msys_setup\mingw\bin\../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.5.0/../../../../include/winsock2.h:543:32:
>> note: expected 'char *' but argument is of type 'int *'
>
> Yep, I can fix that one in gnulib; I'll have a counterpart patch to bump
> .gnulib to the latest once I've got it done.
>

>> test-getaddrinfo.c:28:1: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
>
> Probably the same category of gnulib fix.

Also fixed now.

>> Aside from that the rest seems to work fine.
>
> So I fixed the non-blocking pipe issues that broke 0.9.0 virsh
> out-of-the-box?  Good to hear.

At least the call to virEventRegisterDefaultImpl in virsh doesn't fail
anymore, so the pipe setup and stuff seems to work, or at least does
not fail anymore. :)

Current git + pending (but already ACK'ed) patches from Eric compiles
and works fine on mingw, as far as I can tell.

Matthias