[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] 0.9.0 freeze week, RC2 version to test

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 10:59:58 UTC 2011

On 04/04/2011, at 8:51 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 02/04/2011, at 6:34 PM, Matthias Bolte wrote:
> <snip>
>>> Thanks.  It's looking like some kind of problem interacting with
>>> VirtualBox (v4.0.4):
>>
>>> This is the full gdb backtrace from the process:
>>>
>>> (gdb) thread apply all bt
>>>
>>> Thread 1 (process 85784):
>>> #0  0x00007fff8549b3a6 in swtch_pri ()
>>> #1  0x00007fff854d5b51 in _pthread_find_thread ()
> <snip>
>> Strange point to get stuck.
>>
>> I assume VirtualBox for OSX comes with it's own GUI tool. Is it also
>> affected or only virsh?
>>
>> Does this happen with VirtualBox 4.0.4 only, or is 4.x or even 3.x affected too?
>
> Just tried with the earlier versions of 4.0.2 and 3.2.12, with full libvirt
> autogen.sh and recompile after each installation.  Exact same behaviour, hang
> point, everything. :(
>
> The VirtualBox GUI seems completely unaffected.  While virsh is stuck, the
> GUI can be started, VM's started/stopped, GUI shut down, all as per normal.
>
> I guess this is going to take a bunch more debugging, which I personally don't
> have the time for atm.  (ugh) :(
>
> Are there any other OSX users around that could take a look?

As additional info, connecting to a remote RHEL 6.0 libvirtd using ssh works:

  $ tools/virsh -c qemu+ssh://root@servername/system?socket=/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock
  root at servername's password:
  Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

  Type:  'help' for help with commands
         'quit' to quit

  virsh # ^D
  $

Which is nice, as from memory it didn't used to (for ssh specifically).

+ Justin