[libvirt] [virt-tools-list] libvirt spice command line appears to be incorrect

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Apr 25 22:05:49 UTC 2011

On 04/25/2011 03:54 PM, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
> yes, libvirt 0.8.7 was silently reverting the change I made manually in the
> xml file. Neither virsh edit nor editing the xml and re-defining it worked.
> Once libvirt saw the "spicevmc" there, it just removed it and put "null"
> instead.

There has been some upstream work to make libvirt do better at detecting
bogus configurations, but I'm not sure off the top of my head if it
includes the instance you tripped over.  So, the question remains
whether we have already fixed the bug in 0.9.0, or whether, if you put
in some other random string in place of "spicevmc", then would libvirt
still silently change that to "null" instead of rejecting the XML.  If
the former, great - we've cleaned it up!  If the latter, then this is a
bug still in libvirt worth fixing.