[libvirt] Availability of 0.9.4 candidate release 2 rc1

Wen Congyang wency at cn.fujitsu.com
Mon Aug 1 08:51:38 UTC 2011

At 07/30/2011 03:02 PM, Daniel Veillard Write:
> I actually tagged and pushed the rc2 tarball and rpms yesterday
> but completely forgot to send the associated mail, oops !
>
>    ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.4-rc2.tar.gz
>
> Hopefully it fixes most of the problems raised with rc1, including
> a number of leaks. Please report and if you had an issue with rc1
> which is still not fixed there (or in git) please raise it ASAP.
> I'm planning for the final release early Tuesday 2 morning (i.e.
> late Monday for most :-)

If client(for example: virsh) exits unexpectedly, it will cause libvirtd
crashed.

Steps to reproduce this problem(vm1 does not run):
1. for ((i=0; i < 50; i++)); do virsh managedsave vm1 & done; killall virsh

The reason is that we free virNetServerClient when the refs is not 0.

I read the code under the directory src/rpc/, and find we have xxxRef(), but
we do not have xxxUnref(). And sometimes we free the data structure if ref is
not 0. We add an reference of the data structure, but sometimes we forget to
unref it.

Thanks
Wen Congyang