[libvirt] PCI devices passthough to LXC containers using libvirt

Devendra K. Modium dmodium at isi.edu
Thu Aug 4 18:23:20 UTC 2011

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to access GPU devices from inside
the containers.

(Only way I know)For this I need to add the GPU device numbers in ACL/(device whiteist)
to get access to these devices  from inside the container.

I found that libvirt lxc driver currently allows set of devices while starting the container.

I have browsed through the libvirt lxc code and I believe there is no elegant way
currently where you can request the devices to be allowed inside LXC container using the
usual libvirt xml file.CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG.

Please provide your suggestions if any.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Devendra