[libvirt] Automated builds of libvirt

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 21:23:35 UTC 2011

You may have seen references to the libvirt automated builder with various
patches sent to the list. Previously this was running on one of my own
private machines, but I've now got it in a dedicated virtual machine, and
have it rsyncing its results to a publically visible site:

   http://builder.virt-tools.org/

It is currently configure to run every 4 hours to build latest GIT master
for all the apps listed. It won't rebuild if the source code hasn't changed
since the last build, unless one of the dependant modules has changed.

If it finds a build failure, it will spam libvir-list with an ALERT message
The build logs for the failure can be found on the libvirt status page

  http://builder.virt-tools.org/module-libvirt.html

It will only alert on the first failed build. Until a later build attempt
is successfull it will avoid sending further alerts. This should avoid any
out of control spamming of the list.