[libvirt] Libvirt 0.9.4rc2 + qemu 0.15 : shutdown domain

Radek Hladik radek at eadresa.cz
Wed Aug 24 22:41:44 UTC 2011

Hi again,
	while experimenting with new libvirt and qemu I discovered different
behavior than with my previous versions.
	When I shutdown machine with shutdown (virsh) or virDomainShutdown (via
php) the domain is shutdown but it ends up paused instead of destroyed.
The OS is shut down, CPU probably stopped and I can connect to VNC.
	I would suppose its because of the new reboot feature and the
-no-shutdown  option for qemu.	I am curious whether it is a bug or
expected behavior. It would make perfect sense to be able to
"semi"shutdown machine like this. But I was not able to reboot the
machine from this state by any means. The best I could do was to resume
(unpause) the CPU.

Radek