[libvirt] Allow to migrate to same host?

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 11:01:19 UTC 2011

于 2011年08月09日 18:00, Daniel P. Berrange 写道:
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 05:46:37PM +0800, Osier Yang wrote:
>> The request is from a PhD stdudent in France, he is developing some
>> distributed system based on libvirt, before deploying the codes to real
>> instances, he want to test it on his own box first.
>>
>> Libvirt checks if it's migrating to same host by comparing the hostname,
>> I'm wondering if we can add some flag to switch the checking on/off,
>> (probally a new property in qemu.conf?), so that one can test the migration
>> on same host just for development purpose.
> It isn't as simple as just removing the check, because libvirt also
> checks other things like name+uuid uniqueness for the VMs. Also you
> run the risk of deadlocking libvirtd itself
>
> Daniel

If it's only one libvirtd process is running, it will deadlock itself, but
if one starts multiple libvirtd processes with different TCP/TLS port.
and do migration between those started libvirtd. It will work I guess.

But agree this is totally not productive, as it depends on user's
configuration, can intorduce many problems if one configured is not
expected.

Osier