[libvirt] [virt-tools-list] Proposal: A place to store metadata about guests

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Mon Aug 22 10:04:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

> I think we need a place to store general metadata about guests.
>
> Here are some uses:
>
>  - Store data about available installer ISOs, guests which are
>   archived and not known to libvirt.

  We will need this for our desktop integration plans but the
understanding is that we depend on Tracker[1] for this. Tracker will
need to be hacked to be able to differentiate between installer and
non-installer ISOs though but thats pretty much doable. I just wonder
if that solution also works for you?

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124

[1] http://projects.gnome.org/tracker/