[libvirt] [virt-tools-list] Are requests for new virsh commands acceptable?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 11:16:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 09:06:29PM +1000, dave bl wrote:
> Are requests/patches for new virsh commands acceptable? ... I keep
> typing in "boot" instead of "start", If I submit a patch to add
> ('boot') this would anyone have anything against it?

Certainly I've long wanted better aliases for virsh commands.

This should be discussed on libvir-list.  I suggest sending patches
there instead of here.

There was some discussion about 4-8 months ago about this subject.  It
might be a good idea to search the archives and familiarize yourself
with that first.

We can't remove the existing commands, and we should be careful about
aliases which might clash with future commands.  Something to think
about ...

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top