[libvirt] [Libvirt-announce] Start of freeze for libvirt-0.9.8 and availability of rc1

Peter Krempa pkrempa at redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 13:30:35 UTC 2011

On 12/02/2011 01:42 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 02:11:24PM -0700, Eric Blake wrote:
>> On IRC:
>>
>> eblake	DV: it looks like you missed my gnulib update for rc1 - what do
>> we do about that?
>> DV	eblake: oops, well let's update in git
>> DV	it will be in rc2, as long as there is a release candidate with the
>> update I think it's fine
>>
>> I'll use that to justify pushing my pending gnulib update now.
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2011-November/msg01635.html
>>
>> But that means we really are committing to an rc2.
>
>    Definitely. For example there is apparently a problem with commit
> fa9595003d043df9f2efe95521c00898cef27106 that we ough to fix quickly too
> to allow further testing :-)
>
> Daniel

The problem was caused by two threads that both were thinking they are
having the buck and entering poll() which caused some clients to hang.
It was possible due to a race condition and therefore was not 100%
reproducible. It should be fixed now with:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2011-December/msg00116.html

Peter