[libvirt] Access to the secretDriver in a storage backend?

Wido den Hollander wido at widodh.nl
Sat Dec 31 12:26:54 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm working on a storage backend for libvirt which needs credentials to
access the storage pool. I want to use the build in secret manager from
libvirt, but it seems I do not have access to the secretDriver in a
storage backend?

static int virStorageBackendRBDRefreshPool(virConnectPtr conn
ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED, virStoragePoolObjPtr pool) {

	if (pool->def->source.auth.cephx.secret != NULL) {
		virSecretPtr secret;
		secret = conn->secretDriver->lookupByUUID(conn,
pool->def->source.auth.cephx.secret);
		virSecretFree(secret);
	}

	return 0;
}

It goes wrong at this point:
conn->secretDriver->lookupByUUID(conn,pool->def->source.auth.cephx.secret);

"error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type"

Is the secretDriver available in a storage backend? In storage_backend.c
I see that it should be available, correct?

I might be missing something here, so that's why I'm asking it here.

Thank you,

Wido