[libvirt] Horrible performance of virDomainGetInfo()

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 14:30:10 UTC 2011

While investigating the RPC problems I've noticed that we have had a
huge performance regression for virDomainGetInfo() due to the change
which makes virDomainEndJob() save the XML status file every time it
is called.

Previous to this change, 2000 calls to virDomainGetInfo() took ~2.5 seconds

After this change, 2000 calls to virDomainGetInfo() take 2 *minutes* 45 secs

I don't have an answer right now and it shouldnt block the release, but we
have todo something to avoid this overhead.