[libvirt] macvtap nt working on kvm

Amit Tewari Amit.Tewari at nechclst.in
Thu Dec 15 03:35:20 UTC 2011

Hi,
Actually macvatap doesn't work with bridge. So once the physical device
is attached to a bridge, a macvtap attached to that device no longer
works.
In my case there is no bridge on the interface. but still guest os is
not able to get ip address.

Is there no support for macvtap on red hat 6.1 x_86 platforms?