[libvirt] Changing the default qemu path in libvirt

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Thu Dec 29 12:04:58 UTC 2011

On 2011年12月29日 19:12, Pankaj Rawat wrote:

> I want to change the default path of qemu emulator in libvirt
>
> By default the path is /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm
> Which is defined in every guest xml<emulator>  tag
>
> I want to change this default path. Can any one help ???

If no emulator is specified in the XML, libvirt will probe
a proper emulator from the driver's capabilities (See
virsh capabilities) by the requested OS, arch, and domain
type.

The problem is virt-install doesn't has an option for you
to specify the emulator path. And thus libvirt will always
probe the emulator. So you might want to request virt-install
to add an option for the emulator in virt-tools list.

Regards,
Osier