[libvirt] consistency of virsh help output

Zdenek Styblik stybla at turnovfree.net
Thu Feb 3 09:31:33 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've found virsh help output to be inconsistent.

~~~ SNIP ~~~

~~~ SNIP ~~~

where <KEYWORD> is usually explained in OPTIONS as:
~~~ SNIP ~~~
[--domain] <string>  domain name, id or uuid
~~~ SNIP ~~~

Substitution of <domain> -> [--domain] <string> resp. that you can only
provide a <string> without [--domain] and it's still going to work. This
took me some time to figure out. But back on point.

As you can see from snips, once you use eg. <domain> and substitution
resp. explanation is in OPTIONS and second you put "explanation" right
into SYNOPSIS.

I think it would be worth of cleaning out and make everything one way or
another. Would it be a problem? I presume it's just matter of modifying
"couple" printf()-s.

Have a nice day,
Z.

--