[libvirt] [libvirt-php] New project on libvirt.org and information about sending patches

Michal Novotny minovotn at redhat.com
Tue Feb 8 10:41:02 UTC 2011

Hi,
based on our yesterday conversation mainly between Radek Hladik from
cybersales.cz (who was the project's original maintainer), Justin Clift
and me we've decided to move the project from github to libvirt.org to
be GIT hosted there.

I recommend using this list for the patches to be reviewed there first.
I don't know whether we have to establish ACK procedure there or not
however posting the patches to this list may be good mainly for brief
reviews and option to explicitly NACK the patch if somebody doesn't
really like the patch (and have the good reason to don't like it, of
course :) ).

The procedure for sending patches to libvirt-php (or php-libvirt, as the
original name was - I guess both names are acceptable) is recommended to
be following:

1. Sign up to libvirt list if you're not on it yet (libvir-list at redhat.com)

2. Clone the repository from libvirt.org site using:
     git clone git://libvirt.org/libvirt-php

3. Set your git username and e-mail and also set the subject prefix in
the project's repository using:
     git config --local format.subjectprefix "libvirt-php"

4. Create the patch in the form of the commits and include also
information about usage (example source codes maybe) and testing

5. Format it using `git format-patch -X` where X is the number of patch
parts to be posted, for multipart patch (X > 1) please use also
numbering (-n) option and include the cover-letter (--cover-letter).

6. Send to libvir-list at redhat.com using the `git send-email <files> --to
libvir-list at redhat.com` command where <files> can be "000*" to send all
the patches formatted by git format-patch since git format-patch names
the files starting with the 4 digit numbers.

Michal

--
Michal Novotny<minovotn at redhat.com>, RHCE
Virtualization Team (xen userspace), Red Hat