[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-0.8.8

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 10 15:16:39 UTC 2011

2011/2/10 Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>:
>  We're entering the week freeze for 0.8.8, so let's delay new feature
> until the end of next week and let's focuse on bug fixes. I have put an
> initial release candidate at:
>
>  ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.8.8-rc1.tar.gz
>
> it seems to compile and work fine for me. there is however a small
> problem at configure time:
>
> -------------------------------------
> thinkpad:~/tmp/libvirt-0.8.8 -> ./autogen.sh --system ; make
> Running ./configure with --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --libdir=/usr/lib
> fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> fatal: Cannot open 'bootstrap.conf': No such file or directory
> usage: git diff [--no-index] <path> <path>
> /home/veillard/tmp/libvirt-0.8.8/tmpwrk2661/archive
> /home/veillard/tmp/libvirt-0.8.8/tmpwrk2661/archive
> /home/veillard/tmp/libvirt-0.8.8/tmpwrk2661/archive
> Copying file m4/codeset.m4
> -------------------------------------
>
>  Seems some git command is launched but errors out, that's normal
> but it should not pollute the output (there is also the extra paths
> output but that's due to the fact that I use CDPATH env variable
> and as a result "cd dir" is not silent when successful but output
> the target dir).
>
> Daniel

Why does the build from a tarball try to use git anyway? I can
reproduce the failing git call.

And syntax-check fails like this, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to
work from a tarball at all:

$ make -s syntax-check
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: Cannot open 'bootstrap.conf': No such file or directory
usage: git diff [--no-index] <path> <path>
make: *** No rule to make target `docs/hacking1.xsl', needed by
`HACKING'.  Stop.

Another Win32 problem was pthread_sigmask usage in virsh. Dan pushed a
fix for that a moment ago. I still have another Win32 problem related
to %lld in format strings.

Matthias