[libvirt] Entering freeze for libvirt-0.8.8

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Fri Feb 11 18:23:32 UTC 2011

On 02/10/2011 08:16 AM, Matthias Bolte wrote:
> Why does the build from a tarball try to use git anyway? I can
> reproduce the failing git call.

It shouldn't try to use git:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2011-February/msg00376.html

> And syntax-check fails like this, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to
> work from a tarball at all:

We don't really promise that 'make syntax-check' should work from a
tarball, although it would be nice if it did.  It didn't work on the
0.8.7 tarball, at any rate.

> $ make -s syntax-check
> fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
> fatal: Cannot open 'bootstrap.conf': No such file or directory
> usage: git diff [--no-index] <path> <path>

That should be fixed by the patch above...

> make: *** No rule to make target `docs/hacking1.xsl', needed by
> `HACKING'.  Stop.

and you just submitted the patch for this part.

> Another Win32 problem was pthread_sigmask usage in virsh. Dan pushed a
> fix for that a moment ago. I still have another Win32 problem related
> to %lld in format strings.

I'm looking at that now.