[libvirt] Mails rejected by mailist?

Lyre 4179e1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 05:22:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:36:44AM +0800, Lyre wrote:
> > Hi all:
> >
> > I've tried to send a patch for libvirt-php using git send-email
> yesterday.
> >
> > My user.email is configured as a gmail address, that is this one. But git
> > sent patches from local postfix.
> >
> > git CC the patchs to my gmail and I can revice it,  but not listed on the
> > maillist.
> >
> > Is it rejected by the maillist? And what should I do to send the patches?
>
>   I didn't see any indication that those hit mailman, can you make sure
> the mails actually went out ? I didn't got any bounce email from the list
> manager they are not suspended for approval, nor on the list apparently so
> I think they didn't arrive up to the list manager.
>
> Daniel
>
> --
> Daniel Veillard      | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/
> daniel at veillard.com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/
> http://veillard.com/ | virtualization library  http://libvirt.org/

Hi Daniel:

I found something when I looked at my mailbox on localhost.

There are some mails titled "Undelivered Mail Returned", part of the
contents are:

This is the mail system at host linux-4179e1.site.

                   The mail system

<libvirt-list at redhat.com>: host mx1.redhat.com[209.132.183.28] said: 553
5.1.8
    <lyre at linux-4179e1.site>... Domain of sender address
lyre at linux-4179e1.site
    does not exist (in reply to MAIL FROM command)