[libvirt] [libvirt-php] rewrite checking for libxml2

Michal Novotny minovotn at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 15:41:28 UTC 2011

On 02/21/2011 04:23 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> Il giorno lun, 21/02/2011 alle 15.32 +0100, Michal Novotny ha scritto:
>> Well, I am not that much familiar with autotools.
>>
>> Lyre, could you please rewrite without the code Diego doesn't like,
>> i.e.
>> this code?
> Let me explain: the pkg.m4 macro file that is here inlined is part of
> pkg-config... if you were not to add it to the repository at all, it
> would require for pkg-config to be installed on the system when
> autotools are rebuilt, which is a decent request, and would otherwise
> work correctly.
>
> So in my opinion it's just better not to add pkg.m4 to libvirt-php at
> all.

Well, if we ignore this chunk for aclocal.m4 I'm still getting error:

In file included from libvirt.c:7:0:
php_libvirt.h:9:27: fatal error: libxml/parser.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

So I guess this is not the right way to go since includes are missing.
Lyre, if you want to, please rewrite the patch and ignore the aclocal.m4
part since I deleted this file from GIT.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Novotny<minovotn at redhat.com>, RHCE
Virtualization Team (xen userspace), Red Hat