[libvirt] [libvirt-php 1/3] build: add error message

Michal Novotny minovotn at redhat.com
Mon Feb 28 09:15:18 UTC 2011

On 02/25/2011 09:32 PM, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 02/25/2011 09:25 AM, Michal Novotny wrote:
>> Example:
>>
>> If you would like to send 3 last local commits in the patches and
>> include some information to them you would run `git format-patch -3 -n
>> --cover-letter'. It will create:
>>
>> 0000-cover-letter.patch
>> 0001-commit-message-header-1.patch
>> 0002-commit-message-header-2.patch
>> 0003-commit-message-header-3.patch
>>
>> Those files are separate commits which will result into separate
>> e-mails. You should open 0000-cover-letter.patch using your favorite
>> text file editor and include subject and message instead of **SUBJECT**
>> and **BLURB** lines. When you're done with that you can send them using
>> `git send-email 00* --to e-mail-address at domain.tld`.
> Or consolidate those steps, and run:
>
> git send-email -3 --cover-letter --annotate
>
> which opens an editor on 4 temporary files (the cover letter and three
> patches), and mails all four of them on exit, without you having to do
> any file cleanup afterwards.

Thanks for your reply Eric but this depends on git version Lyre is
using. From what I know the old version of Git (available for RHEL-5) is
not having option to use this syntax to work so it's good to know that
if Lyre has new enough version of Git but if not, my steps are the right
ones.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Novotny<minovotn at redhat.com>, RHCE
Virtualization Team (xen userspace), Red Hat