[libvirt] Remove bashisms from libvirt-guests

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Jan 3 21:35:48 UTC 2011

On 12/25/2010 12:44 PM, Laurent Léonard wrote:

>>> I followed:
>>> http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/gettext/Preparing-Shell-Scripts.
>>> html but totally agree with your comments.
>>
>> The gettext manual assumes that you are trying to be portable to all
>> sorts of /bin/sh, including Solaris's horribly-dated version that lacks
>> lots of POSIX features, hence it uses `` instead of $().  But for a
>> Linux init script, we can safely assume a decent POSIX shell.
>
> Any news about fixing those bashisms ?

I'm in favor of the ideas, but the patch isn't quite polished yet.  I've
been a bit short on time to clean the patch up myself, and was hoping
you would be willing to submit another version based on my comments from
the previous round.  But given the current goal of releasing 0.8.7 in
the very near future, I'm afraid this has missed the release deadline
and you will have to maintain it as a backport for another release cycle.