[libvirt] announce mailing list

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Tue Jan 4 19:31:28 UTC 2011

On 05/01/2011, at 6:08 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
<snip>
> I've seen some projects (at least zsh comes to mind) where mailing lists
> are nested - posting to the announce list can only be done by project
> managers, but that post is instantly received on all three lists; anyone
> can post to the users or devel list, but posts to the user list are
> automatically received on both user and devel list.  Therefore, a
> developer need only subscribe to the devel list to see the traffic from
> all three lists.
>
> Is that sort of setup worth doing with the three libvirt lists (that is,
> make libvirt-list subscribe to libvirt-announce and libvirt-users
> traffic, and make libvirt-users subscribe to libvirt-announce traffic)?

Interesting idea.  Can see that having the user and developer mailing
lists automatically getting the announce list traffic would be useful.

Not sure about the developer mailing list getting user traffic.  What
happens to responses by a developer back to the dev mailing list?
How does it get back to the user that asked, and the user mailing list?