[libvirt] Re: announce mailing list

Nicolas Sebrecht nsebrecht at piing.fr
Wed Jan 5 13:46:37 UTC 2011

The 05/01/11, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
> On 01/05/2011 10:08 AM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
> > On 01/05/2011 10:03 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
> [...]
> > Wouldn't make more sense simply to sign up for both mailing lists,
> > instead of mirroring them to each other?
> > I fail to see the point of having N mirrored mailing lists then, but
> > just the one.
> >
> > Z.
> >

> As of original proposal:
>
> On 12/01/2010 07:47 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> > Concept wise, do you reckon something like this would work:
> >
> >  + a new libvirt-announce mailing list, low trafic, purely for release
> >     announcements and similar

Nested lists goes a bit forwoard than that. It permits the users to have
developers help for their issues without having the traffic dedicated to
the development. It also help developers to stand near from the users.

So, it doesn't aim to mirror other lists. In practice, nested lists
appear to be very usefull.

--
Nicolas Sebrecht