[libvirt] Fwd: libvirtd and listen_addr

Daniel Huhardeaux tech at tootai.net
Thu Jan 6 17:00:24 UTC 2011

Le 06/01/2011 17:24, Justin Clift a écrit :
> On 06/01/2011, at 8:26 PM, Daniel Huhardeaux wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> got no reaction on this, I try again :-)
>
> Hmmm, just thought of a workaround if it helps. :)
>
> You already know that when libvirtd starts, it automatically starts the virtual networks that it has been told to.
>
> But, if you then shut libvirtd down, they're left running.
>
> So... my thought of a dodgy workaround is this... after libvirtd starts... and the virtual networks have started... restart libvirtd.
>
> I *think* that would then let libvirt bind to the new ip addresses.
>
> Reckon it's worth trying?

That's how I discover the problem ;-)

Everything was running fine until ... I had to reboot the server! VMs
are started automatically but libvirtd will not start.

In your doggy workaround ;-) libvirtd will NOT start because of the
missing listen_addr.

That's why I was thinking that libvirt start networks *before* it take
care of listen_addr or perhaps listen_addr shouldn't cancel the start of
libvirt (delay it) until network is up and then check if listen_addr is
in error or not.