[libvirt] Release of libvirt-0.8.7

Zdenek Styblik stybla at turnovfree.net
Thu Jan 6 19:03:45 UTC 2011

Hello,

On 01/05/2011 04:43 PM, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 01/05/2011 06:12 AM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
>
> Zdenek - I'd be very happy to have a Slackware port of netcf, and would
> be willing to help out getting it in (as long as you'd be willing to
> help me setup a Slackware guest so I could test your patches ;-) There
> have been 4 other people who started netcf ports (debian, arch linux,
> suse, and (believe it or not, MS Windows)), but so far none has followed
> through to actually pushing something into the main netcf git.

just wait a second; did you actually say "patches"? :) What is the
original platform/distro of NetCF?
It shouldn't matter if they've pushed changes or not as long as those
are public somewhere.
Anyway, I gave it # ./configure; go and found out 'augeas', whatever
that is, is "missing". And I expect more to come.
I can give it look over the weekend(no, I don't expect it to be done
over the weekend - look :]).
Slackware guest shouldn't be a problem. It's just like any other
GNU/Linux. Setup partition, run setup, key stroke, key stroke, Install
everything? [Yes], done :D j/k

[...]
> The first step would be to subscribe to the netcf-devel mailing list:

Done.

> I can help you out figuring out which bits need replacing for a
> different platform (although I'm afraid I probably can't be much help
> with what they should be replaced with :-)

Sounds great. I probably should note I'm more like # ./configure && make
&& ... && makepkg; and some hack-n-slash person.
It doesn't mean anything else than just making things clear(so much for
expectations) :)

>> If there are any requirements for package on what libvirt should have
>> support for, let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.

Meant really like build options eg. must have netcf/iSCSI/... support.

> Speaking of that, I don't know if you noticed, but support for IPv6
> virtual networks was added in this release. However, in order for it to
> all work properly, you need to have the following binaries installed on
> the build machine (autoconfigure finds them and etches their paths into
> the libvirtd binary):

No, I haven't. I pay very little attention to an IPv6, because of many
things and many excuses(it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to). So it's
likely - no.

> command   package
> -------   -------
> ip        (iproute)
check
> ip6tables (iptables-ipv6)
check
> radvd     (radvd)
fail ... what the hell is that? :) Rhetorical question, I can find out
by myself ;)

> and of course a couple that were already required:
>
> iptables  (iptables)
check
> dnsmasq   (dnsmasq)
check

I know about these two already(I made post regarding dnsmasq some time
ago) :)

Have a nice day,
Zdenek

- --