[libvirt] VirtualBox error message displayed on windows

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:05:24 UTC 2011

2011/1/8 Justin Clift <jclift at redhat.com>:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Just came across an interesting (non fatal) bug with the new VirtualBox code on
> windows.
>
> When starting virsh on a windows system that *doesn't* have VirtualBox installed,
> virsh prints an error to the users terminal about missing VirtualBox registry keys,
> then continues on with it's intended operation.  (screenshot attached)
>

> It's not a killer, but the error makes no sense in context when I'm (for example)
> trying to connect to a remote qemu box. Heh.
>
> Feel inclined to write a patch for it?

Shows that I didn't test this on a Windows system without VirtualBox :(

That log message should be relaxed to info or debug level or even be
removed entirely as this is not error at all, as it just means that
VirtualBox is not installed.

I'll remove this line entirely. This will result in the same behavior
for the XPCOM and MSCOM glue when VirtualBox is not installed.
VBoxCGlueInit fails silently making vboxRegister registering the dummy
driver.

Matthias