[libvirt] How can I improve the performance of libvirt when running many virtual machines on same host

Diego Dias diego.dias at alog.com.br
Wed Jan 19 18:45:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

    I am using Xen 4 as hypervisor and using libvirt 0.8.4 to
communicate with it.
    When I run more than 35 virtual machines on the host, Libvirt starts
to run extremely slow and I cant even execute a /"virsh list/". The
memory usage of libvirtd is around 468288K.
    Is there any way to improve the performance of libvirt? Is there any
maximum number of virtual machines libvirt can manage without having a
poor performace?

Best Regards,

    Diego Dias