[libvirt] Raising events for testing

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 11:00:41 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 11:50:05PM +0100, arnaud.champion at devatom.fr wrote:
> ?Hi,
>
> I have binded the new API for domain events and callbacks in C#. It seems to work (LifeCycle events works for sure, I have tested them). Now I want to test other event types and I don't know how to raise them for test (RTC change, WatchDog, Graphics and so on...).
>
> Anyone can point me on the right thing I have to do to raise these events ?

 RTC change -> In your guest OS change the hardware clock
 WatchDog - Add a <watchdog> device to XML and in Linux  'cat /dev/watchdog' and wait 60 seconds
 Graphics -> Connect to the guest VNC
 Reboot  - Reboot the guest
 I/O error - Run a guest on NFS with the 'soft,intr' flags on the mount point. THen stop the NFS server and do I/O in the guest and wait a while