[libvirt] Google Summer of Code 2011

Luiz Capitulino lcapitulino at redhat.com
Fri Jan 28 20:10:06 UTC 2011

Hi there,

GSoC 2011 has been announced[1]. As we were pretty successful last year,
I think we should participate again. I've already created a wiki page:

 http://wiki.qemu.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2011

We should now populate it with projects and people willing to be mentors
should say so (or just add a project)[2].

Also, I'd like to do something different this year, I'd like to invite
libvirt people to join. There are two ways of doing this:

 1. They join in the program as a regular mentoring organization, or

 2. They join with QEMU

The second option means that libvirt can suggest and run its own projects
(preferably with QEMU relevance), but from a GSoC perspective, the project
will be part of the QEMU org.

Thanks!

PS: Hope you don't mind the cross posting :)

 [1] http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2011/01/google-summer-of-code-announced-at-lca.html

 [2] Please, note that being a mentor means having time to dedicate to
     your student