[libvirt] CentOS/RHEL 6 RPMs repository

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Tue Jul 19 21:52:59 UTC 2011

Hi list!

First post here, thanks for a wonderful application, I have been around in
#virt on IRC and just signed up today.  My little contribution:

We use CentOS 6 in production and we were not able to get access to the
latest 0.9.3 RPMs and we needed some of the new features, so we compiled a
bunch of RPMs to help those save time (and us).  Please note that we're not
responsible if it blows up your computer, etc. etc.

wget http://repo.vexxhost.com/virt/virt.repo -O /etc/yum.repos.d/virt.repo
yum install libvirt

That should get you started on libvirt 0.9.3, there are a couple of
unavailable dependencies that are also on the repo, so you should be good to
go!

If anyone has any issues, please let me know.   Other than that, enjoy the
repos!  Also, if you don't trust us and want to compile the SRPMS yourself,
they are also available -- if you are running i386 and compile a set, drop
it by so we can help people as it is x86_64 RPMs only right now.

Mohammed Naser — vexxhost