[libvirt] How to connect to the running VM

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Fri Jul 29 16:54:39 UTC 2011

? 2011?07?29? 19:36, bala suru ??:
> Hi,
> I have deployed some VM on to the KVM-qemu and installed libvirtd ..
> I could see the VM running by command virsh list .
> but how to login to the VMs other than SSH ..?

<snip>
> i tried virsh vncdisplay , but no output ..
</snip>

This means you don't configure a "vnc" graphic for your guest. See

# virsh help vncdisplay

For what the command does.

Except the vnc method, you might want to use text console, do like
below will work:

    1. Add console=ttyS0,115200 to guest kernel line.
    2. Add the following XML section to a domain.

<serial type='pty'>
<target port='0'/>
</serial>
<console type='pty'>