[libvirt] Building on Solaris 11 Express

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Jun 3 16:07:30 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-03 at 09:11 +0200, Matthias Bolte wrote:
> > It has probably something to do with this piece of code, in daemon/libvirtd.c:

I finally got back to looking at this, and that's what I discovered as
well. (I hadn't checked my email in the interim.)

I stopped it from dropping privileges and now libvirtd starts. Earlier,
when launching virsh (with no arguments), I think I got some errors
about localhost:8000.

I ignored that, as I'm really looking to test VirtualBox, which brings
me to this...

If I don't have the VirtualBox GUI running, virsh fails to connect:

/usr/local/bin/virsh -c vbox:///session
... hangs for 10 or so seconds ...
error: internal error nsIEventQueue object is null
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

I expected libvirt to handle starting VirtualBox processes as necessary.
How is this designed to work?

Thanks,
Richard