[libvirt] does libvirt get disk->info.alias, when attaching a disk by virDomainAttachDevice?

李敬伟 lijw at bingosoft.net
Thu Jun 9 05:26:57 UTC 2011

Hi,
         I am using libvirt 0.9.1 on CentOS 5.5 64bit ,
         Created a vm :virsh create libvirt.xml
         Attached a disk ,virsh attach-disk 3 /opt/vms/test.img  vdb
         When  getting blosk stats ,virsh domblkstats 3 vdb ,it showed
                 error: Failed to get block stats 3 vdb
error: internal error missing disk device alias name for vdb
while virsh domblkstat 3 vda, it showed
         vda rd_req 6667
vda rd_bytes 154084864
vda wr_req 9530
vda wr_bytes 57196544

         I guess libvirt does not get disk->info.alias  when attaching a disk,so it can not get block status.

         # virsh version
Compiled against library: libvir 0.9.1
Using library: libvir 0.9.1
Using API: QEMU 0.9.1