[libvirt] libvirt-0.9.3 week freeze, RC1 version to test

simon jin simonjin at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jun 28 06:09:00 UTC 2011

于 2011-6-27 23:17, Laine Stump 写道:
> On 06/27/2011 07:32 AM, Matthias Bolte wrote:
>> 2011/6/27 simon<simonjin at linux.vnet.ibm.com>:
>>> 于 2011-6-27 13:01, Daniel Veillard 写道:
>>>
>>>    So we are entering the week freeze for the new version 0.9.3
>>> I have made an rc1 tarball available at:
>>>     ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.3-rc1.tar.gz
>>> along with rpms for those interested
>>> We pushed a lot of patches in the last few days, we know there is at
>>> least some cleanup issues, but I tried it locally and basic operations
>>> seems to work fine,
>>>
>>>    please give it a try too and report issues,
>>>
>>>     thanks !
>>>
>>> Daniel
>>>
>>> On fc14.x86_64
>>> TEST: networkxml2argvtest  FAIL
>>>
>>> Download  libvirt-0.9.3-rc1.tar.gz
>>>
>>> ./configure&&  make&&  make check
>>>
>>> It report 1 of 52 tests failed
>>>
>>> TEST: networkxml2argvtest
>>>        !.!!!!!                                  7   FAIL
>>> FAIL: networkxml2argvtest
>> This a known problem when you configure libvirt with localstatedir
>> other than /var, what happens when you just run configure without
>> arguments.
>
> It looks like that's what he did, so maybe this is a different problem
> (or possibly his configure defaults to /usr/local/var?).
>
> If the default localstatedir isn't /var, try doing "./autogen.sh
> --system" instead of ./configure. If that doesn't cure the problem,
> try running the test with debug logging turned on to see exactly what
> error is reported:
>
>   LIBVIRT_LOG_OUTPUTS=3:stderr VIR_TEST_DEBUG=2 ./networkxml2argvtest

I didn't use any arguments in configure, but the defaults localstatdir
is /usr/local/var.
I found below lines in config.status:
S["prefix"]="/usr/local"
S["localstatedir"]="${prefix}/var"

./autogen.sh --system will fix this issue.

[libvirt-0.9.3]$  LIBVIRT_LOG_OUTPUTS=3:stderr VIR_TEST_DEBUG=2
tests/networkxml2argvtest
TEST: tests/networkxml2argvtest
  1) Network XML-2-Argv isolated-network
/home/simon/Downloads/libvirt-0.9.3/networkxml2argvdata/isolated-network.xml:
failed to open: No such file or directory
FAILED
  2) Network XML-2-Argv routed-network
/home/simon/Downloads/libvirt-0.9.3/networkxml2argvdata/routed-network.xml:
failed to open: No such file or directory
FAILED
  3) Network XML-2-Argv nat-network
/home/simon/Downloads/libvirt-0.9.3/networkxml2argvdata/nat-network.xml:
failed to open: No such file or directory
FAILED
  4) Network XML-2-Argv netboot-network
/home/simon/Downloads/libvirt-0.9.3/networkxml2argvdata/netboot-network.xml:
failed to open: No such file or directory
FAILED
  5) Network XML-2-Argv netboot-proxy-network
/home/simon/Downloads/libvirt-0.9.3/networkxml2argvdata/netboot-proxy-network.xml:
failed to open: No such file or directory
FAILED
  6) Network XML-2-Argv nat-network-dns-txt-record
/home/simon/Downloads/libvirt-0.9.3/networkxml2argvdata/nat-network-dns-txt-record.xml:
failed to open: No such file or directory
FAILED
  7) Network XML-2-Argv nat-network-dns-hosts
/home/simon/Downloads/libvirt-0.9.3/networkxml2argvdata/nat-network-dns-hosts.xml:
failed to open: No such file or directory
FAILED

Those .xml files actully under test/.

-Simon Jin