[libvirt] Building on Solaris 11 Express

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Jun 3 16:07:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 17:33 +0200, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:
> In my default OpenIndiana b151 install, /usr/lib/xenstore.so exists
> (from the xvmstore package), but not the xvm headers. They're in the
> xvm-headers package.

Do you actually have Xen running or know much about the Xen on Solaris
situation? From what I've been able to find searching the web, it seems
that some recentish (before it died) version of OpenSolaris and thus
Solaris 11 has removed support for running as a Xen dom0.

It seems that at one point, Solaris did exactly what I wanted
(virtualization using ZFS for storage and libvirt for management):
http://dlc.sun.com/osol/docs/content/SYSADRM/gentextid-22771.html

Richard