[libvirt] Driver development

Carlos N. A. Corrêa carlos.nilton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 11:10:44 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm interested in developing a new network driver for libvirt (one for the
definition and management of OpenVSwitch datapaths).

I've read some of the code already, and by now my general directions are:

- Change the function virNetworkDefParseXML in src/conf/network_conf.c to
define and parse new configuration directives needed by my driver
- Use src/network/bridge_driver.c as a template for my new driver, replacing
code from the services provided by the driver (listed on "virNetworkDriver"
type) with my own code, for my own net type.

Have you any other directions in this matter? Any tips? If it works, would
be this code of any use to you?

Best regards,
Carlos "Bill" Nilton
CISSP, RHCE, ITIL Foundations