[libvirt] FreeBSD Port, update to 0.9.2 compile error

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 13:12:42 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 20:55:01 +0800, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > >   another way would be to launch python directly giving the path to the
> > > python script, this is likely to solve the issue there.
>
>   That IMHO avoids the problem completely and I doubt anybody would
> complain

I agree, and we already use that in one place in python/Makefile.am:

    $(PYTHON) $(srcdir)/$(GENERATE) $(PYTHON)

> we should even be able to detect at configure and take specific
> paths if people want to use a non-system python binary by extending
>
> paphio:~/libvirt -> ./configure --help | grep python
>   --with-python           Build python bindings [default=yes]
>
>  to take a path

No extension needed, it already supports that (although it's not advertised
anywhere). One can use the following forms

    --with-python
    --with-python=/usr/local
    --with-python=/usr/local/bin/python
    PYTHON=/usr/local/bin/python --with-python

Jirka