[libvirt] libvirt-0.9.3 week freeze, RC1 version to test

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Mon Jun 27 15:17:30 UTC 2011

On 06/27/2011 07:32 AM, Matthias Bolte wrote:
> 2011/6/27 simon<simonjin at linux.vnet.ibm.com>:
>> 于 2011-6-27 13:01, Daniel Veillard 写道:
>>
>>    So we are entering the week freeze for the new version 0.9.3
>> I have made an rc1 tarball available at:
>>     ftp://libvirt.org/libvirt/libvirt-0.9.3-rc1.tar.gz
>> along with rpms for those interested
>> We pushed a lot of patches in the last few days, we know there is at
>> least some cleanup issues, but I tried it locally and basic operations
>> seems to work fine,
>>
>>    please give it a try too and report issues,
>>
>>     thanks !
>>
>> Daniel
>>
>> On fc14.x86_64
>> TEST: networkxml2argvtest  FAIL
>>
>> Download  libvirt-0.9.3-rc1.tar.gz
>>
>> ./configure&&  make&&  make check
>>
>> It report 1 of 52 tests failed
>>
>> TEST: networkxml2argvtest
>>        !.!!!!!                                  7   FAIL
>> FAIL: networkxml2argvtest
> This a known problem when you configure libvirt with localstatedir
> other than /var, what happens when you just run configure without
> arguments.

It looks like that's what he did, so maybe this is a different problem
(or possibly his configure defaults to /usr/local/var?).

If the default localstatedir isn't /var, try doing "./autogen.sh
--system" instead of ./configure. If that doesn't cure the problem, try
running the test with debug logging turned on to see exactly what error
is reported:

   LIBVIRT_LOG_OUTPUTS=3:stderr VIR_TEST_DEBUG=2 ./networkxml2argvtest