[libvirt] regression in finding boot device

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 11:47:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 13:55:06 -0400, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 06/27/2011 05:50 AM, Jiri Denemark wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 00:21:29 -0400, Laine Stump wrote:
> >> (bootindex was showing up as "1" in the log; not knowing anything about
> >> how it worked, I decided to try just changing it to "0". That  didn't
> >> work. Switching back to the old method *did* work, though.)
> >>
> >> This system is running qemu-kvm-0.14-7.fc14.x86_64.
> >> If you'd like a look at the domain XML, the qemu logs, or access to the
> >> machine, just let me know.
> > Yeah, sending the domain XML and qemu command line to which it was transformed
> > would be great.
>

> Sure. I've attached the XML at the end. Here's the non-working
> commandline (split into multiple lines for readability):

OK, that looks like a correct translation of <boot dev='hd'/> into device
bootindex so everything is fine on libvirt side.

> The console screen says SeaBIOS is 0.6.0 and rpm -q says
> "seabios-bin-0.6.0-1.fc14.noarch".

IIRC this is too old to support bootindex. I think at least 0.6.1 is needed
(or maybe even 0.6.2 unless some patches were backported). I wonder why qemu
with bootindex support is shipped with seabios that lacks this support. I'm
not sure what we should do about this.

Jirka