[libvirt] login and password in connection string for vmware hypervisors...

john alexander sanabria ordonez john.sanabria at correounivalle.edu.co
Tue Mar 8 10:58:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

I want submit commands against a VMWare hypervisor via virsh in a
non-interactive way. I can connect to my [remote] hypervisor via virsh as
follows:

virsh -c gsx://ic-p19-01?no_verify=1

then, it asks me for login and [root] password and I'm in.
What mechanism can be used to submit commands, e.g. virsh -c
gsx://localhost?no_verify list --all, with no password at all? A modified
version of the connection string is required? what is the structure of that
connection string? Additional parameters to the 'virsh' command?

Thank you,