[libvirt] [RFC, PATCH] Re: xen:/// vs. xen://FQDN/ vs xen+unix:/// discrepancy

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at novell.com
Thu Mar 17 20:11:34 UTC 2011

Philipp Hahn wrote:
> Hello,

>> To me it looks like some connection between libvirtd / virsh and xen gets
>> broken, so no data on running domains can be retrieved any more, until I
>> restart libvirtd. After that everything is back to normal until the next
>> hickup.
>>

> Today I encountered the bug again: "virsh list" was not showing any domain,
> while "virsh -c xen+unix:///" did show "Domain 0" and my other domain.

Are you using xen unstable or Xen 4.1 (i.e. something greater than Xen
4.0)?  If so, the sysctl and domctl versions have changed, which
essentially breaks the xen_hypervisor sub-driver.  I ran into this
problem while trying to get the libxl and xen-unified drivers to play
nicely together - wasted a bunch of my testing time :-(.  I'll send a
patch to handle the new sysctl and domctl versions.

Regards,
Jim