[libvirt] Magic error introduced by commit f09accc

Jiri Denemark jdenemar at redhat.com
Fri May 6 19:18:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 09:26:57 -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 05/06/2011 01:56 AM, Jiri Denemark wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After commit f09accc (buf: add virBufferVasprintf) libvirt no longer compiles
> > with -Werror because of the following error:
> >
> >     CC     libvirt_util_la-macvtap.lo
> > cc1: warnings being treated as errors
> > /usr/include/netlink/object.h:58: error: inline function 'nl_object_priv'
> > declared but never defined
> >
> > I must admit I don't understand why including stdarg.h (which seems to be the
> > only change visible in macvtap.c) results in this warning.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea?
>
> Which version of libnl and gcc?

libnl-1.1, gcc-4.4.5

You are right, that the commit results in -std=gnu99 being added to gcc
command line. However, the nl_object_priv is declared as

extern inline void *            nl_object_priv(struct nl_object *);

So not 'static inline' but 'extern inline', I guess the issue is the same,
right?

Jirka