[libvirt] libvirt, FreeBSD portability inquiry

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Sat May 14 06:45:41 UTC 2011

2011/5/14 Jason Helfman <jhelfman at e-e.com>:
> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 08:25:13AM +0200, Matthias Bolte thus spake:
>>
>> 2011/5/14 Jason Helfman <jhelfman at e-e.com>:
>>>
>>> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 08:38:58AM +0200, Matthias Bolte thus spake:

>>> Here is the port: http://jgh.devio.us/files/libvirt.shar.txt
>>>
>>> Anyone have any thoughts on it, or can report success on it?
>>>
>>> download the txt file
>>> run sh ./libvirt.shar.txt
>>> cd libvirt
>>> make install
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jason
>>
>> I downloaded libvirt.shar.txt to /usr/src/jason/ and running make in
>> the libvirt subdirectory complains about libvirt-0.9.1.tar.gz not
>> being in /usr/src/jason/libvirt/distinfo.
>>
>> I'm not really familiar with FreeBSD, did I miss something?
>>
>> Matthias
>>

> What happens if you run:
>
> make fetch
> make install
>
> What commands did you run to get the error? I am not having that issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

make fetch gives the same error

Okay, so here's what I did:

mkdir -p /usr/src/foobar/jason
cd /usr/src/foobar/jason
wget http://jgh.devio.us/files/libvirt.shar.txt
sh libvirt.shar.txt

This outputs:

c - libvirt/
x - libvirt/Makefile
x - libvirt/distinfo
c - libvirt/files
x - libvirt/files/patch-src__util__command.c
x - libvirt/pkg-descr
x - libvirt/pkg-plist

Then:

cd libvirt
make fetch

This outputs:

===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
===>  License accepted by the user
=> libvirt-0.9.1.tar.gz is not in /usr/src/foobar/jason/libvirt/distinfo.
=> Either /usr/src/foobar/jason/libvirt/distinfo is out of date, or
=> libvirt-0.9.1.tar.gz is spelled incorrectly.
*** Error code 1
Stop in /usr/src/foobar/jason/libvirt.

Matthias