[libvirt] FreeBSD and sys/syslimits.h

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon May 16 07:07:53 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 06:49:40PM +0200, Matthias Bolte wrote:
> libvirtd.h includes sys/syslimits.h if available. On FreeBSD the
> header contains this warning:
>
> In file included from libvirtd.h:42,
>                  from dispatch.h:28,
>                  from dispatch.c:30:
> /usr/include/sys/syslimits.h:41:2: warning: #warning "No
> user-serviceable parts inside."
>
> Here's the relevant part from that header:
>
> #if !defined(_KERNEL) && !defined(_LIMITS_H_) && !defined(_SYS_PARAM_H_)
> #ifndef _SYS_CDEFS_H_
> #error this file needs sys/cdefs.h as a prerequisite
> #endif
> #ifdef __CC_SUPPORTS_WARNING
> #warning "No user-serviceable parts inside."
> #endif
> #endif
>
> This looks like this header is not meant to be included directly, at
> least on FreeBSD.

  And on my linux box syslimits.h seems to come from gcc, verbatim:

/* syslimits.h stands for the system's own limits.h file.
   If we can use it ok unmodified, then we install this text.
   If fixincludes fixes it, then the fixed version is installed
   instead of this text.  */

#define _GCC_NEXT_LIMITS_H              /* tell gcc's limits.h to
recurse */
#include_next <limits.h>
#undef _GCC_NEXT_LIMITS_H

  Shouldn't we just include  <limits.h> directly ?