[libvirt] Allow hvsupport.html.in to be auto-generated

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon May 16 07:19:37 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 05:31:54PM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 05/13/2011 07:36 AM, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > The hvsupport.html.in file is constantly out of date, because when
> > updating the drivers to add new APIs, people often (always) forget
> > to update the hvsupport.html.in file.
> >
> > To solve this we can instead store version number annotations in
> > the drivers themselves, so it is not easily missed. Then the
> > hvsupport.html.in file can be auto-generated
>
> I love the idea!  But I ran out of time to finish reviewing it today.
> Did you test VPATH builds?  (autogen.sh will help).  Did you test 'make
> distcheck' to ensure the tarball is complete?

  I like the idea too, except for the perl part, does it make it
mandatory to have perl to build now (the remote generator may have
pushed that dependancy already though).
  I would actually put patch 4 first since it's a no-op and then patch
3 since it depends on 4 for the genration (but it's a detail).
  Checking the full patch 4 seems hard did you just diff the current
version and generated one (I would guess so) ? If yes ACK from me after
checking builds as Eric suggests,