[libvirt] Trying to re-compile libvirt package on Ubuntu Lucid

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed May 18 14:14:48 UTC 2011

On 05/18/2011 08:01 AM, Lars Nordin wrote:

> testing with corrupted config: log_level
>
> Skipping test (due to Ubuntu buildd FTBFS): running libvirtd with a valid config file (2 seconds)
>
> FAIL: daemon-conf

If I'm not mistaken, this is due to a testsuite bug and not a problem
with libvirt itself.  You can probably safely ignore this failure and
proceed to install your self-built version.  At any rate, the failure
message makes it look like the Ubuntu build system prevented the test
from passing because the test was attempting to access outside its
chroot jail, and several patches in the tests directory have addressed
those sorts of failures: df5944ff, d9c75c8d, d0c7254bf among others.

> make[1]: Leaving directory `/exp/h1/staff/lnordin/libvirt-pkg/libvirt-0.7.5'

0.7.5 is rather old; if you are going to build from scratch, it might be
worth considering upgrading to 0.9.1.