[libvirt] Modules executed during Live Migration of Virtual machines

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu May 26 09:42:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 02:56:55PM +0530, prakash hr wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to write the patch file for live migration which uses UDP as the
> transport protocol.
>
> ---So I prepare to edit the existing API which uses the TCP as the transport
> protocol for the migration.I want to know the modules executing during live
> migration in current libvirt.(I m using ubuntu10.10 as the guest and
> suitable latest version of libvirt)
>
> ----If any document which clearly shows the actual migration process. I mean
> which are the functions called during live migration and how the data flow
> occurs between the two physical machines or the hypervisor.
>
> --In LAN the UDP  can be used for the live migration as the loss of packets
> and collision of packets are negligibly less.
>
> --Even RUDP can also be used instead of TCP, as RUDP is reliable.
>
> --The complete set of the code which responsible for live migration is
> required where I can get that..?

You've already asked these questions before and got two
sets of answers:

  http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2011-May/msg01641.html
  http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2011-May/msg00076.html

To repeat again: the migration transport is in QEMU, so send these
questions to the QEMU mailing list.